Monday, September 26, 2011

living with the folks....

Going on week 5.  it has not been bad.  but i am ready for it to be done. please let the beginning reno not last too long.  i miss walker and libba time.  i miss just libba time more.  my parents have been really great and really generous. saving the skrill has been awesome.  it is amazing how mortgages and bills and food suck up your pay check every single month.  my mom repeats herself a.lot.  i tune her out, but it frightens walker.


walker and my dad have developed a bromance (daddy issues...?).  they watch the same weird tv shows, play golf together, talk about electrical wires, pretend to care about nfl football.... it is really pretty cute, until he won't make a decision about ANYTHING until he consults with jay.  especially with house stuff;  "we should ask jay, i just called your dad, jay is on his way over now, your dad said not to worry about it..."


i run into someone i know every mother trucking time we go to the grocery store.  kinda cool, kinda awkward, kinda annoying all at the same time.  i just had this conversation with a neighbor:

neighbor:  hey - emily, right?
me: oh no, i'm libba
neighbor: oh yeah, stanford, right?
me: nope, UW
neighbor: sorry, you are an attorney now?
me: please stop guessing...

my parents clearly talk about me a lot.

2 comments: