Monday, January 30, 2012

living in the woods...

is a different ball game.  i love looking outside and seeing the trees and the water and the twilight esk view (i see you edward).... i don't love the nastiness that live in the dark corners below.  i am talking mice, possums, raccoons.  call me a sissy a wussy or that word that starts with a p.  i don't care. they give me the heebee geebees. bugs i can do - rodents i can't.  on day one we paid terminex and ungodly amount of money to get rid of these creatures.

because our house was vacant for a few months before we moved in, walker kept saying we were still bound to run into something. like that made it ok.  well it happened.  all of our vents were open because the covers have to be custom (i am so sick of saying that) made and were not yet complete.  we were sleeping soundly until 1am we heard a loud scratching noise coming from the bathroom.  one of the reasons i love walker is he is the ultimate dood. he reminds my brother of liam neeson punching a wolf in that new movie of his.  he jumped up (a bit disoriented) and went over to check out the situation.  then he said oh sh*t, give me something big!  there was a possum or rat trying to claw its way up the metal vent into our room. i panicked and handed him a decorative throw pillow.   he ignored me and quickly covered the vent with a stack of large books and did the same throughout the house.  i had a mini stroke.  he had been away the night before on bizness and all i kept thinking was, what if i was alone.  i don't think i would have done that, i probably would have ran outside, locked myself out in my pj's and watched in the rain as the thing took over my house. slept in my bed! or i would have rabies.

i tried to google a picture of a rat or possum, but i got sick to my stomach.  instead, please look at boo - the worlds cutest dog.

goodness

 

we have temporarily fixed the problem, but the thought still haunts me.  i apologize to my future children.  no you can not have a hamster, no you can not have a gerbil, no you can not have a cat. 

1 comment:

  1. i remember the time when I knew we'd be friends during two-a-days when we both agreed on our hate for cats.
    Although now that I am a home owner it's the best to have neighbors that love cats so that they can do some of the dirty work near our houses.

    ReplyDelete